Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,203 Posts
spray-bombed. Kudos to him for taking the time to tape the labels.

Yep. His ad says original paint and that comment alone would make me walk away from this blower. Overspray all over the place. Way too much ad to sell it to me.

·
Super Moderator
3,858 Posts
He painted the oil fill tube red it should be black. there scot
Not all of them! ;)
some have black engines,
some have red engines with a black oil fill tube,
and some have red engines with a red oil fill tube:

photos:
"toro 521" - Google Search

So the red tube is not proof of a repaint.

Scot

·
Registered
225 Posts
I had seen that one. He is a muscle car guy. He installed a Cleveland head..
I always refer to these as an idiot, hoping to find an even bigger idiot.

I was going to be a jerk and email him a link to the thread for giggles, but he does not have an email address for contact, only a cell#. I am sure he would have been amused, so his loss.

Plus, he said if it does not have fresh shear pins, run for your life. That was actually the reason I had asked on one of my early posts if the Toro 521 even uses shear pins.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Not all of them! ;)
some have black engines,
some have red engines with a black oil fill tube,
and some have red engines with a red oil fill tube:

So the red tube is not proof of a repaint.

Scot
Hey! I thought you were an Ariens guy!

^^^ Closet Toro guy right here!!! :p

Drop team Orange/White and join team Red/Black!!! :D

·
Account closed by member request.
9,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
you can tell that is a different red then the rest of it. there is even overspray on the muffler.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I don't know powershift, I see what you're saying about the red on the muffler, but the detail this guys goes into on the description...I mean real unnecessary detail, makes me think he's legit. If it really was used as little as he says that red overspray could very well from the factory, no? You've seen those old tecumseh engines, they were completely assembled then spray painted from the factory. Heck, the spark plug wire and carb on my 62 still had orig white paint all over it when I got it.

·
9,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
it was something to post. one way or another it does not matter to me. those blowers are way to small for me. I like THE BIG BOY'S. it could be legit it may not. it was just something to muse over for awhile. all is good.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
ok Scott...whatever you say (please don't forget the guac & chips for the next team-Toro meeting...the fresh cilantro & lemon juice are a nice touch :D)

There are some subtle clues that this machine has been cleaned-up.

Muffler discoloration, ID tags are aged and the inside of the wheels are looking more appropriate for their age.

That said, it is a very nice machine…the fact that we’re having this debate says that he did a fine job sprucing it up!

·
Registered
225 Posts
His crazy pricing and his descriptive 'hyperbole' make it hard not to chuckle at him.

Of course, pretty on the outside does not automatically mean she is in good shape on the internals. (It is possible that it could be a case of 'Toro Red lipstick on a pig'.)

·
Super Moderator
6,670 Posts
he's dreaming if he thinks he is going to get $450
" original paint " that's the original paint that came out of the can :D

·
9,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Give him $200.00 or walk away......he's done a nice job painting it.....repairing the auger drivecase........other then that...?????
I don't want or need it. it was -10 yesterday with a feels like of -35. I was bored and perusing craigslist when I saw it. I just tossed it out for the masses here.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts