Snowblower Forum banner

My 80 Volt Stable - Quite Happy All Around

3566 Views 17 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  HillnGullyRider
This all started off with me buying a used Greenworks Pro single stage snowblower to replace a failed SnowJoe corded unit. It came with one 2Ah battery and a rapid-charger and worked very well, but I added a second used 2Ah battery (and now a 3rd new one) to extend the operating window. The snowblower runs more than 40 minutes on one battery and recharges in 30 minutes, so I'm good to go there. I've now added the other items shown below. I have watches on eBay and Craigslist, etc. for additional deals on batteries and other items. The batteries are available for $75 or less...
  • GreenWorks 2600402 Pro 80V 20-Inch Snow Thrower, 2Ah Battery #1 07/25/2017 & Rapid Charger #1 - $100
  • Greenworks 2901302 2Ah Battery #2 10/31/2017 - $75
  • Kobalt KST 140XB-06 16" Trimmer (modified to use Greenworks Battery) - $46
  • Troy-Bilt PS720 TrimmerPlus Pole Saw Attachment - $62
  • Troy-Bilt BR720 TrimmerPlus Power Broom Attachment - $140
  • Greenworks GCS80450 Pro 80V 18" Chain Saw - $178
  • Greenworks BLB489 Pro 80V Leaf Blower - $120
  • Greenworks 2901402 80V Rapid Charger #2 - $26
  • Greenworks Pro 80V GLSS802100 Snow Shovel, 2Ah Battery #3 09/06/2021 & Rapid Charger #3 - $87
  • Troy-Bilt AH721 TrimmerPlus Hedge Trimmer Attachment - $65
  • Greenworks IV80A00 Pro 80V Power Inverter - $93

Attachments

See less See more
  • Love
Reactions: 5
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
how old are these? have you had to do any maintenance yet on any of these? have you noticed and degradation in battery performance?

tx
This all started off with me buying a used Greenworks Pro single stage snowblower to replace a failed SnowJoe corded unit. It came with one 2Ah battery and a rapid-charger and worked very well, but I added a second used 2Ah battery to extend the operating window. The snowblower runs more than 40 minutes on one battery and recharges in 30 minutes, so I'm good to go there. I've now added the other items shown below. Only my most recent purchase, the leaf blower, uses up one battery somewhat faster than it recharges, but I'm pretty much done after 45 minutes blowing leaves and need to take a little break anyway... I have watches on eBay and Craigslist, etc. for additional deals on batteries and other items. The batteries are available for $75 or less...
  • GreenWorks 2600402 Pro 80V 20-Inch Cordless Snow Thrower, 2Ah Battery & Charger Included - $100
  • Greenworks 2901302 2Ah Battery - $75
  • Kobalt KST 140XB-06 16" Trimmer (modified to use Greenworks Battery) - $46
  • Troy-Bilt PS720 TrimmerPlus Pole Saw Attachment - $62
  • Troy-Bilt BR720 TrimmerPlus Power Broom Attachment - $140
  • Greenworks GCS80450 Pro 80V 18" Chain Saw - $178
  • Greenworks BLB489 Pro 80V Leaf Blower - $120
you should move to california.......:cool:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1
I would consider getting a single stage battery operated blower at some point. I imagine that they will throw a small amount (2-6") of the powdery stuff pretty good. $75 is actually not bad for a battery, I thought I had seen some that were about $150 or more per battery (I don't remember the brand, I saw it when I was going through lowes one time).

My only concern for my situation, is the end of driveway nightmare. When we get a two foot storm in NJ, every couple years a nor'easter gives us a good wallop, the end of driveway could easily be three feet deep. This is mainly from being plowed in by the DPW. It is even tough for my 8hp 24" to handle, I have to make two passes sometimes.

In the future, if my two single stages ever become unrepairable, I may buy one of these.
not worth buying new batteries to me unless you are a contractor and can charge them in the bill
you pay dearly for the convenience
how old are these?
The blower and the batteries are from mid-2017. The other items are newer.
have you had to do any maintenance yet on any of these?
I had to change the string in the trimmer. Easiest job ever. I'll probably have to sharpen the chains on the two saws soon. I've cut a lot of oak with them. This is one battery worth...

have you noticed and degradation in battery performance?
Nope, both batteries still last 40-45 minutes on the blower (as of last spring). They last longer on the chain saw and less time on the leaf blower (as designed).
I imagine that they will throw a small amount (2-6") of the powdery stuff pretty good.
I primarily use the Greenworks on the deck, where it will handle up to a foot easily. I have used it to do the entire property when there was only 4-6 inches. I have a Honda HSS1332AATD for the big stuff.

See less See more
Reactions: 3
thanks for the updates, I am slowly growing my battery tool collection. No OPE yet though.
Scored a second Greenworks 2901402 80V Rapid Charger for only $26 delivered...
Font Grass Gadget Camera accessory Lawn
See less See more
My neighbor just got a SnoJoe battery blower ..... She already has had a battery operated mower for years now ....
My neighbor just got a SnoJoe battery blower ..... She already has had a battery operated mower for years now ....
Hopefully they are both in the same battery voltage family so she can use them in both machines. I think the year-round use of the batteries prolongs their life. Both of my batteries are over 4 years old now. It's important to recharge them as soon as you finish using them.
It MUST be spring... Just added a NEW Greenworks Pro 80V GLSS802100 snow shovel with 09/06/2021 battery and charger to the stable for only $87. MSRP is $320.
Green Product Sports equipment Gadget Household cleaning supply

Green Organism Font Transparency Machine
See less See more
I have an electric powered dethatcher.
It is green......not sure brand.
works well.
The only battery stuff ... a Milwaukee drill, impact driver , 2 ratchet drivers, a cutting wheel and 2 Rigid drill and driver. Dont like the Rigids. Batteries dont last. Older Crapsman Impact driver. Battery is Kaka so have to buy new ones every year.
Love the Milwaukee's.
Added a Troy-Bilt AH721 TrimmerPlus Hedge Trimmer Attachment to the 80-Volt stable - only $65.
Grass Tool Metal Hand tool Event
See less See more
Reactions: 2
Just added this Greenworks Pro 80V (300 Watt) Power Inverter...
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle Bumper
See less See more
Thank you so much for providing details. I am worried about battery snow blowers and wanted to get as much warranty as possible so that i dont throw away my hard earned money in 2-3 years.
I am near edmonton Alberta Canada and trying to see which one is better Ego or Greenworks for better value of money.I wanted to get best out of the two (Ego and Green works). So I bought One from Lowes(Ego) and one from Costco.ca (Greenworks), and now trying to decide which one to return. May be return both this year because of how less snow Edmonton Alberta received in end of 2022 and early of 2023. Any suggestions ?

Ego -$899.40(SNT2125AP)
Pro's-Built Quality, Self Propelled
Con's-Once used can't be returned, higher price ,3 years battery warranty only, Battery will last max-5-6 years life

Greenworks- $670.00(22inch Model SNB404)
pro's- Costco Warranty(Return if Greenworks gives hassle to fix within 4 years), 8 year battery Warranty(Called Greenworks to confirm), Cheaper price
Con's- flimsy quality compare to Ego
See less See more
I have kept away from battery operated tools or equipment and instead have always purchased ICE or 120v, only battery equipment i have in my garage is a makita leaf blower and trimmer kit with battery and charger BNIB all for $65. I bought those as it came in a kit with a 5AH battery which alone would cost that much, so i figured worth a try.

I am still not a believer, figure i get a whopping 15 minutes out of my leaf blower max, need 3 batteries to finish my bungalow style lot. Performance was there couldn't be happier that way, just darn too expensive for batteries and they do have a lifespan. Nothing worse than pulling out a tool and already worried about how long the runtime will be, instead of going about doing your business one is worried about time and cutting corners on the job. Much different experience than not worrying about time, where i can go over the same ground a second time make sure it was done right.

You seem to be in a better position as you are stocking up on all your equipment with multiple chargers and batteries, and the 80v stuff should be fairly hardy.

I might be too old to change here, keeping it ICE or 120v and planning on replacing the only battery powered Makita leaf blower and trimmer this summer once i pick up some ICE variants.

Keep giving us updates on your transition, might change some of our minds over time.
See less See more
Just added this Greenworks Pro 80V (300 Watt) Power Inverter...
View attachment 203674
We had a severe storm here last night and the power went out at about 10:30PM. The text message from Central Maine Power said they anticipated restoring power by 12:45AM (they actually restored it by 12:30AM), so it wasn't likely necessary for us to fire up the generator. The small UPS units in two rooms kept the PCs and an LED floor lamp on each running. For my mother-in-law's apartment, I grabbed the Greenworks inverter and plugged in the power strip that runs her lights, power recliner, etc. Still 2 LEDs lit on the battery after the power came back on. This was the first real test for this inverter and it worked well!
Reactions: 1
I am still not a believer, figure i get a whopping 15 minutes out of my leaf blower max, need 3 batteries to finish my bungalow style lot.
Leaf blowers are power hungry because they are constant run, and like full juice to be effective.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts