Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We all love bragging about deals we score, here is one of my most recent. It's just a old 932xxx. It wasn't running, but looked to be in really good shape. Figured it would just be an easy"old gas/carb cleaning" job, but long story short it had a bad head gasket. Still happy with the purchase. $40 for the machine, and $8 for the head gasket.
Blown head gaskets don't seem to be a popular snow king issue, and it did take me a bit to figure it out. When I decided to take the head off to look at the valves, I noticed right off the bat that the bolts did not feel tight. Don't have a clue why or how they were loose, but it did allow the gasket to blow out.
I have a couple adjustment questions to ask here still, but will start a new thread in the Ariens section this evening.
Some pics.

x

x

x

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Also, It appears to be a 1996 model.
Obviously didn't live outside.

x

Look. there are still tire nubs in the inside.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Very nice! Excellent find and a nice job bringing her up to winter ready condition!

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
That's the deal of the century. The tires still have the nubs on them. Great purchase.

·
Premium Member
5,205 Posts
Very nice! That blower is shweet.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Decided to just tag this question here.
When I took off the carb heat box I noticed the key switch was not connected to anything. I know I can figure out how to simply "make it work", but I was wondering what it looked like originally. The spade terminal on the back of the switch looks like it is bent over, but again I'm not sure if perhaps this is supposed to look like this.
My guess is I am missing a 3 or 4 inch jumper wire with female spade terminals on both ends. Can anyone confirm?
Here is a not so great photo of the heat box flipped over and the switch missing the wire.

·
Super Moderator
6,673 Posts
......... wow .........

·
Registered
2,281 Posts

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1 - 12 of 12 Posts