Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, onacer. It all started with the yellow one, which I've had since about 1975, then...There are a couple more hiding too.

·
Registered
206 Posts
It all started with the yellow one, which I've had since about 1975, then...There are a couple more hiding too.
Sounds like an addiction meeting - - - there may be more somewhere - - -
But seriously, that's a nice group. I'm used to seeing the gravely walk-behinds, didn't know they did tractors.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Why not a Convertible?

Reactions: Kiss4aFrog

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, It's "mechanical" lift. It does have lift assist springs. You can see them on the lower sides of the front grill. They stretch when the blower is down, and help in lifting the blower which weighs about 250 lbs. I went a good number of years without them, so I would snatch it quickly with one hand, and quickly pull up on the lift retainer with the other. I had some leverage with the lift rod, but it was still heavy. The lift assist springs helped greatly, and had me wondering why I didn't install them a lot sooner.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is the 1975 (16.5 HP Onan twin cyl.) with the 44 inch blower before I finally found a metal cab that I could modify to fit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts