Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Welcome LittleRayRay1982 - nice job on the paddles, they are on both of my 10 HP snow blowers, what a difference. From your 1st video it looks like you could adjust your scrapper bar down a little more. Happy snow blowing!!!

·
Super Moderator
9,892 Posts
Wow, you should take some time to gently bend the main augers back into shape. The one on the far right (of the machine) looks ok but the other three look like they were bent straight. It's had a rough life.

In the photo below you can see how the three on the right are all angled the same and properly but on the left the auger section closest to the center is damaged and bent kind of like yours where it's hit something and lost it's "curve". That curve is what moves the snow to the impeller. Without it the snow just spins around and around. Kind of looks like that in your video.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did replace the damaged and bent augers the damage was caused when a truck lost some scrap lumber on it's way to the dump during a snow storm and the debris was buried in the snow I could have cried in the spring there were chunks of wood all over my boulevard

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Meh it is what it is I tear down and rebuild blowers on the side. I stick to working g mostly with mtd. I am trying to get a fair amount of parts in stock so customers aren't waiting on items to be shipped.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just to let people know my mods were easily done. Bridge rectifiers and capacitors were super cheap. I went overboard with my lights. But you dont have to. I also found moving the lights to the auger housing allowed me to put the light where I needed it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts