Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just had to do it, since I had 4 already whats 2 more,,lol
Now granted these only work on paved driveways or interlock ( great for interlock) The two front wheels are staggered just a bit, 1/8 of an inch to help with uneven driveways & the scraper bar is about 1/4 in off the ground. These
wheels from home depot are hard rubber on the outside and a sealed wheel bearing inside, quality wheels & should do the trick. Update the melt buddy
is pretty cool to use but you need to use a smaller grain salt in it ( or drill the holes in the bottom a little bigger). I'm using Alaskan ice melt & that works better in testing so far. Here's some pics:)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,855 Posts
hmmm..im not so sure about those wheels on the bucket.
skids are used for a reason! ;)
seems to me those wheels could freeze/ice up easily, stop turning, wear down a flat spot, then the wheels become skids again..

I dont see any reason why the wheels would be better than skids, and a few reasons why they would be worse..but maybe im wrong! ;)
If I am, I wont mind hearing about it..let us know how it works!

Scot

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks Scotsman, The wheels are well made with wheel bearings inside that are sealed, just like the ones for sleds, as soon as the snow fly's i'll be testing
these out & update everyone here.
Dave

Attachments

·
Registered
709 Posts
I think the width could cause the bucket to rise on packed snow. I've thought about wheels before but I imagined something tall and thin would be good.

·
Registered
153 Posts
loneraider I like your melt buddy and your new wheel I think it is cool. I was wondering how many pounds of salt can you put in it.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
The melt buddy story.

About Us - link to story..

I think it holds a couple pounds of salt, but having it right there with you
on a trigger release (right side handle) makes it very easy to use.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts