Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The garage at our rental house has a natural gas stove so I thought it would make a good picture of my new SB warming its bones by the fire after its first hour of work. I left the snow on for dramatic effect, I'll be sure to brush it off outside next time. I can't believe the puddle on the floor. I thought the snowblower parking mats were kind of joke but now I know what I want for Christmas.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
571 Posts
Yes, the amount of snow melt after using them is quite a bit. There's a good sized puddle in my garage from using mine yesterday.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,447 Posts
glad im not your landlord ! :smiley-confused009:
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
6,670 Posts
after brooming off the snowblower I use a space heater to dry out the auger area. I cover it some with a cut up cardboard box to help keep heat around it. I leave it that way for an hour or so and when I get back there is very little water on the garage floor
 
  • Like
Reactions: micah68kj

·
Registered
Joined
·
268 Posts
That's no different than someone running a propane heater in their garage,with their snowblower,lawnmower,etc. in there too
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what about the gas in the tank?

could that be an accident waiting to happen?
It definitely could be if it spilled and ran under the stove. I have the same safety concerns with this stove as someone with a gas water heater or any other appliance with a pilot light. Paints, stains or any other flammable liquids and even airborne dust can be explosive. This isn't the ideal heat source for a garage/shop but it's what I have and I work accordingly. I appreciate you pointing this out to me, a couple of months ago I had no idea that even metal shaving can be explosive. When we moved in I did some research on gas stoves and learned they must treated with respect. I've also heard that simply raising it farther off the floor will improve safety.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,205 Posts
after brooming off the snowblower I use a space heater to dry out the auger area. I cover it some with a cut up cardboard box to help keep heat around it. I leave it that way for an hour or so and when I get back there is very little water on the garage floor
Since we no longer have a heated garage I do the exact same thing. It works well for meting all the snow so nothing freezes up.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top