Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased my first snowblower, a 1971 Jacobsen Imperial 26 Heavy Duty Two Stage blower. Model/SN is 52624-2056.

I'm currently looking for a parts manual. I've found manuals for the more common 52638/40/42 but they are slightly different - they have two belts, one for drive and one for the auger, mine has a single belt.

The previous owner welded one auger to the rhs drive shaft - nice. Once I grind the welds, what's the best way to replace the auger? Can I remove the rhs drive shaft through the side of the housing once the end bearing is removed or does the entire auger/gearbox assembly etc get pulled forward from the front?

Thanks, Tom

Attachments

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I think you will have to crack it in half and remove the shaft and gears along with it. Don't be surprised if things are seized onto the shafts though - unless the PO was in the habit of greasing things. (Not my kind of luck!) Good luck Tom! SHould make a nice solid machine once you get er going......

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
:welcome: to the forum Tom. Looks to have a newer model 8 hp?? Tecumseh engine on it along with newer snow hog tires. Good luck with the repairs.

·
Retired Moderator
9,913 Posts
Nice to see another Jacobsen owner. Sorry it's fighting you.

We love a good project with photos. Take some photos of that nuts welding so we can give you our best guess.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just purchased 52624 w serial 7426. U said yours was a 1971? Do u know what mine is? Looks like a good machine. Id post a pic but cant yet. Need more posts. Lol. Have you got yours up and running?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts