Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there I am new here, this is my first post. I have an old Ariens (I believe it's a 10ML60. 6 horsepower Tecumseh on it.
I fired it up for the first time today, and as I was finishing up the driveway, when the muffler fell off! It still had the longer bolt in it, but the shorter bolt is gone. Does anyone know what size those bolts should be. I need to get a new gasket and bolts and bolt it back on, provided the threads are good, which they seem to be. I'll be able to see better in the morning.
Best regards!

·
Registered
822 Posts
When I research Tecumseh engine parts, I go to Parts Tree's website. I don't necessarily ever order from there, but I can get the Tecumseh part number for example a muffler bolt - then search for the dimensions of the bolt itself via the part #.

Your engine should (hopefully) have a Tecumseh plate on it (flywheel cover, lower left side near left handlebar?) telling you exactly which engine you have on it. Say, something like an H60-nnnnn. Then that should eventually lead you to the part numbers and dimensions.

Just a hunch but it wouldn't surprise me it's a 5/16-18 of some sort. That engine I believe will have the "soup can" muffler...never looked at one of those up close so I could be wrong. But knowing your exact Tecumseh engine model will lead you to the answers you need.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When I research Tecumseh engine parts, I go to Parts Tree's website. I don't necessarily ever order from there, but I can get the Tecumseh part number for example a muffler bolt - then search for the dimensions of the bolt itself via the part #.

Your engine should (hopefully) have a Tecumseh plate on it (flywheel cover, lower left side near left handlebar?) telling you exactly which engine you have on it. Say, something like an H60-nnnnn. Then that should eventually lead you to the part numbers and dimensions.

Just a hunch but it wouldn't surprise me it's a 5/16-18 of some sort. That engine I believe will have the "soup can" muffler...never looked at one of those up close so I could be wrong. But knowing your exact Tecumseh engine model will lead you to the answers you need.
Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So the carb appears to be in the way of getting the muffler back on. Do I need to remove the carburetor in order to get the muffler on or is there some trick that I'm not aware of? They are very close side by side on this h60 motor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts