Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In my previous post to this I mentioned if anyone had any ideas for easily raising the snowblower a inch or so to run through grass as to not dig into the dirt. I like to clear it well back off of the driveway and also make pads for the dog without getting too close and scraping up grass. So this is what I came up with.

The main part of it which is the skid is made from 1" x 2.5" square tubing I had. I did not want to raise the snowblower 2 1/2 inches so I cut it down to 1 1/2 inches. By cutting small wedges out of the skid I was able to form the front and back angles and mig the cuts shut. I've been welded up a flat plate which goes on the inside of the auger housing and fortunately there was a hole from the factory drilled where you see the boat coming out through. The bolt I tacked onto the flat plate so that alleviates needing a wrench to hold it. I put the small vertical piece of metal on the outside just to keep the skid from flexing towards the inside of the housing. With a wingnut it probably takes perhaps 10 to 15 seconds aside to slip these onto the blower. Anxious for a big snow to try this out

Attachments

·
Registered
792 Posts
Looks like it will work just swell. But why not just work with the original shoes? MH

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wanted something quick that could adjust my snowblower high enough not to scalp any grass off the yard when I make a path for the dog and push the snow well away from the driveway. I didn't want to adjust and readjust the original skids

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Westminister, Yes. Just by luck for some unknown reason that hole was already there. But If not I would have drilled one and repainted with my Toro red spray paint.

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
Pretty slick work there. "Necessity is the mother of invention."

1 - 13 of 13 Posts