Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone out there who could give me some insight as to why snowblower is not shutting off.

The Stop/Run switch did not shut it off so I turn off the gas cut off valve and leave it for a long time but it still keeps on running so I had to pull the spark plug lead to shut it down.

The crazy thing is I can start the snowblower with the key out, the Stop/Run Switch off and the gas cut off switch off which should NOT allow me to do that.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
I work on these quite a bit, The cover may have been removed and the white wires behind the plug have come unplugged, The switch actually connects the wires to kill the engine, so if unplugged it will not stop the engine, I have come across a few that have come unplugged and only one that needed a new spade connector put on and that was the one I kept for myself LOL

·
Read Only
871 Posts
there is 2 white wires to the switch one is grounded one open when the switch is on, turning the switch off grounds the coil stopping the park, same happens when the throttle is moved to past full slow.it grounds the spark via a contact on the linkage
as others stated you most likely have a broken wire or a bad switch,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts