Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello , I just bought my first snowblower toy and its on back order but we don't have any snow yet and it will likely be some time before we do get any here southern, Ontario, Canada. But it don't matter i'm still excited don't know anything about snowblowers just hope I got a fairly good one . I bought a
CRAFTSMAN®/MD 305cc, 27'' Dual Stage Mid Frame Snow

• Dual Stage Operation is designed for quick, easy removal of large amount of snow
  • 27'' clearing width
  • 305cc Briggs & Stratton engine, Snow Series platinum
  • 14.5lbs Torque
  • Platinum spark plug
  • Electric Starter
  • 12'' Steel saw tooth auger
  • 12'' diameter impeller
  • Yard lights for early morning & night-time
  • Drift cutters
  • Steel remote chute
  • Remote chute deflection control allows operator to adjust the angle of the chute deflector without having to stop the unit
  • Power steering allows for easy manoeuvrability to handle obstacles
  • Gas gauge
  • Throttle
  • Single hand control allows you to control unit from either side by using one handle, enabling you to operate the chute with one single action & without having to stop
  • Heated handle grips, help keep your hands warm in the coldest weather
  • Wheel lock
  • 16'' x 6.5'' tires
  • Automatic drive designed for quick removal of large amounts of snow. Automatic drive allows you to vary speeds without stopping. Able to handle all snow conditions
Sorry just never had anything like this new before or for that matter new or used never had just the good old shovel and me . Thanks for reading if you have one please leave me a review .

·
Registered
143 Posts
I know nothing about the machine, but the specifications are certainly impressive.
Be sure to let us know if it lives up to the hype.

Here's a link to several reviews of a very similar machine.

Craftsman

Keep in mind that the reviews are on a Sears web-site, but it doesn't look like they edited out any negative comments.
It seems that owners are pretty happy with the machine, less so with Sears.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hello , I just bought my first snowblower toy and its on back order but we don't have any snow yet and it will likely be some time before we do get any here southern, Ontario, Canada. But it don't matter i'm still excited don't know anything about snowblowers just hope I got a fairly good one . I bought a
CRAFTSMAN®/MD 305cc, 27'' Dual Stage Mid Frame Snow

• Dual Stage Operation is designed for quick, easy removal of large amount of snow
  • 27'' clearing width
  • 305cc Briggs & Stratton engine, Snow Series platinum
  • 14.5lbs Torque
  • Platinum spark plug
  • Electric Starter
  • 12'' Steel saw tooth auger
  • 12'' diameter impeller
  • Yard lights for early morning & night-time
  • Drift cutters
  • Steel remote chute
  • Remote chute deflection control allows operator to adjust the angle of the chute deflector without having to stop the unit
  • Power steering allows for easy manoeuvrability to handle obstacles
  • Gas gauge
  • Throttle
  • Single hand control allows you to control unit from either side by using one handle, enabling you to operate the chute with one single action & without having to stop
  • Heated handle grips, help keep your hands warm in the coldest weather
  • Wheel lock
  • 16'' x 6.5'' tires
  • Automatic drive designed for quick removal of large amounts of snow. Automatic drive allows you to vary speeds without stopping. Able to handle all snow conditions
Sorry just never had anything like this new before or for that matter new or used never had just the good old shovel and me . Thanks for reading if you have one please leave me a review .

I just bought the same one, the American guys on here will bash it a bit cuz they dont get the same craftsman units down there, these are all made by Husqvarna, I know the local Husky rep and he had a look at mine and said other than the auger bearings and the skids it is identical to the husky model. In fact if you look closely in the sears buyers guide the pic of this blower is actually a husky with a photoshop craftsman decal over the husky markings. It is orange in the photo instead of red!

I swapped out the auger bearings for the husky ones and installed roller skids.
Now all my neighbours think I'm nuts cuz I have been running it up and down the driveway in the rain to get used to the controls

·
Registered
68 Posts
hope you have good luck with your craftsman snow blower,looks like you have a lot of nice features. give us a report when you get the snow and get to use it. remember to keep good maintenance.

·
Retired Moderator
3,149 Posts
Wow, looking over that list of features, I can understand why you'd be excited. Don't worry about bashing, there'll probably be more envy than anything. Never quite understood why there are such differences in what's available in the North American markets. I've got a Honda HS622 that's no longer available in the U.S., but from what I see, it's still available in Canada.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I kept saying that if I never got to use my new snowblower this season that would be OK too but now I really cant wait for it to snow.
We had one small dump and since then we have been having unprecedented warm weather.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts