Snowblower Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,620 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
No idea of the make, never seen one like it before, but it sure is a unique and interesting design.

Cool find, what are your plans for it?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks I’m planning on getting it running and operating for a local tractor show but I’m worried because the carb is in very rough shape

Welcome to the forum.
No idea of the make, never seen one like it before, but it sure is a unique and interesting design.

Cool find, what are your plans for it?

·
Premium Member
2,620 Posts

·
Registered
5,477 Posts
Thanks I’m planning on getting it running and operating for a local tractor show but I’m worried because the carb is in very rough shape
I've seen one of those double chutes before; just need to remember where...
You should be able to find an old Tecumseh carb on eBay or someplace that would be suitable.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Post several closeups of the carburetor.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
There is a very similar blower in the unknown section of the Gilson site in orange.

Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Wheel Motor vehicle

·
Registered
5,477 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Further down the Gilson site's page, there is a green ROTO-HOE with an almost identical bucket. A little Googlization of the internet suggests this was one of the larger Four Seasons models with multiple attachments. I see that Roto-Hoe had many sizes and variations of these machines over the years. This company made a bewildering number of models over the years. They seem to be marketed as Sno Densa-Thrower attachments.

Here's some images I found while searching. The third and fourth images are magnifications and a little blurry from the flash the seller used. This manual is currently on ebay.

Plant World Publication Organism Font

Book Font Publication Adaptation Paper

Font Publication Paper Book Document

Creative arts Automotive design Font Tints and shades Wood

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Here's some more images of another machine with very similar features also for sale on ebay.

This one has a Briggs engine but who knows? Could be Roto-Hoe used more than one engine manufacturer or it could be a replacement engine installed later.

Toy Grass Wheel Tire Art

Motor vehicle Tire Gas Grass Wheel

Plant Grass Agricultural machinery Harvester Motor vehicle

Motor vehicle Plant Tire Grass Mower

Grass Gas Wood Tire Natural material

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Now that you say that I was wondering why there an extra sprocket underneath the belt drive as well as it looks like the whole blower can be detached from the engine

Further down the Gilson site's page, there is a green ROTO-HOE with an almost identical bucket. A little Googlization of the internet suggests this was one of the larger Four Seasons models with multiple attachments. I see that Roto-Hoe had many sizes and variations of these machines over the years. This company made a bewildering number of models over the years. They seem to be marketed as Sno Densa-Thrower attachments.

Here's some images I found while searching. The third and fourth images are magnifications and a little blurry from the flash the seller used. This manual is currently on ebay.

View attachment 199707

View attachment 199708

View attachment 199709

View attachment 199710

·
Registered
783 Posts
A multi attachment machine makes sense as the narrow track of the wheels made me think when I saw it originally from the back that it might be a concrete saw. The fact that it has a rental sticker on it also makes a multi-use machine more valuable as a rental.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts