Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a shop manual for my HSS928TC (starting with serial Number SARJ)

I'm located in Canada, where can I get that?.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Honda is very protective of their service manuals and only offer them for sale and not as a free download. If you are lucky, another member here may have the manual and would be willing to share it. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
3,455 Posts
Honda is very protective of their service manuals and only offer them for sale and not as a free download. If you are lucky, another member here may have the manual and would be willing to share it. Good luck.
+ 1 with that.
I have seen free Owners Manual downloads available, but never a Service Manual download offered. I had to buy one for my HS828TA. I bought one that had slight missprint on the front page for $10 less than retail which usually is $40 and free shipping.

·
Account closed by member request.
9,612 Posts
Well that explains why I only have TOROS then. I can get all that good stuff for nutting.:eek:k::wavetowel2:

·
Super Moderator
6,673 Posts
he says he's got an hss928tc so a manual for an hs might not work for him

·
Retired Moderator
3,149 Posts
Honda Power Equipment here in the U.S. shows that shop manuals for their machines are available through their ebay store, their Amazon storefront, or through local dealers, but when I searched for anything related to the HSS928 on ebay, nothing came up. It's possible they aren't available yet.

Honda Shop Manuals and Service Support Materials| Honda Power Equipment

I wasn't able to find something similar through the Honda Power Equipment Canada website, but I would sure imagine a dealership would be able to get you one.

It's possible they aren't available yet.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So it's not working with any of the manual I posted above? I'm gonna go pay a visit to the dealer tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
3,455 Posts
So it's not working with any of the manual I posted above? I'm gonna go pay a visit to the dealer tomorrow.
The posted manuals are for US spec HS blowers, they may not work for canadian blowers (I assume you have power chute rotation and deflector and other features that US spec HS blowers do not have). Your best bet will be a visit to the dealer.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Honda has not yet released the full shop manual for the new HSS 2-stage snow blowers. Both the USA and Canada spec models share a shop manual that is still in progress. No ETA to share, but I will post updates as I get them.

The parts catalogs have been released, FWIW:

http://peparts.honda.com/powerequipment#/browse/sb/hss

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Thank you Robert, I just called today prior to seeing your post and the guy at Honda power equipment dealer told me it wasn't released on paper yet, he also offered me to come take a look at his digital copy if I needed some informations while it is not released.

Today I came to start my Honda HSS928 after 7-8 months of storage. It had Ethanol Free gas with stabilizer. Took around 13 pull to start it, I was freaking out. I don't know what the problem was.

Gas is Shell V-Power Nitro, so best ethanol free gas available in my opinion.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the gas tank was filled at 1/3

·
Registered
1 Posts
have a 2005 snowblower. Hs624, drive shaft not moving forward or back. Need a shop manual to try to repair myself. My wife won't let me spend 2 to 300.00 having it fixed. On social security, you know how it is. Any access to a hs624 snowblower shop manual without spending 42.00?

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
have a 2005 snowblower. Hs624, drive shaft not moving forward or back. Need a shop manual to try to repair myself. My wife won't let me spend 2 to 300.00 having it fixed. On social security, you know how it is. Any access to a hs624 snowblower shop manual without spending 42.00?
is there hydrostatic fluid in reservoir?

is the transmission handle on the bottom underneath the bars and between the tracks in the engaged position or the released position? should be in the engaged position. move it back and forth.

are the pins intact on both drive wheels?

if all of the above checks out ok , can you run it and engage your drive handle with your tranny handle in forward or reverse and see the shaft from the main tranny moving ?

if so , then you probably have a broken pin or something broken in the right side tranny.

check back .

the official shop manuals are worth their weight in gold. has saved me thousands in repairs. there may be PDF files somewhere here or the web but not sure.

I'm sure we can help. you came to the right place.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Does your machine have the easy steer grips on each handlebar , they look like bicycle brake levers, if its a 2014 it mite actually be a HS rebadged to a HSS, post a good side view pic and I should be able to tell you....

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
well the 7th is for a HS machine, the 3rd is for a HSS

Before you order you should post a picture so someone can confirm which you have. For one thing the transmission and track drive train is totally different.

As I said in my last post there are some HS928s that have been badged as HSS928. HSs have factory white drive sprockets, while HSSs have black sprockets, at least the ones I have seen.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts