Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is for a 2006 Husqvarna 8024STE.

Are any belts better than others? Do I get the best there is if I buy them from the Husky dealer?

Every second year I grind the impeller and chute with a rotating steel brush and put on 2-3 layers of Hammerrite paint. Is there anything else I could use to make it last longer and maybe give even lower friction?

Thx for the assistance :)

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Well - yes there are belts designed specifically for different applications.... most blower belts are designed to run in 2 directions (pressure on both sides of the belt) vs. older automotive types where they only need pressure on one side. Also the better brands of belts tend to use kevlar. Typically the dealers carry the better brands but you can find them online much cheaper.

·
Banned
161 Posts
When you paint the impeller apply several coats allowing plenty of dry time between coats and scuff up the coat before applying the next coat. then apply some clear coat with plenty of hardener in the mix. Allow to dry well between coats and once finished allow to dry for 30 days or more and apply several coats of automotive wax.

:D Al

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well - yes there are belts designed specifically for different applications.... most blower belts are designed to run in 2 directions (pressure on both sides of the belt) vs. older automotive types where they only need pressure on one side. Also the better brands of belts tend to use kevlar. Typically the dealers carry the better brands but you can find them online much cheaper.

Any advise for a online store with nice priced kevlar belts?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts