Snowblower Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I am in the market for a used snowblower. I am in western NY, so we get quite a bit of snow.

I came across a listing for a 2018 Ariens ST28DLE Deluxe SHO 306cc snow blower. It looks like new in the pictures. The asking price is $800.

Could you please tell me:
1) is this a reliable/good model?
2) what’s you opinion of the condition based on the pics?
3) what’s a good price for this machine?

Thank you

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

Wheel Tire Hood Plant Automotive tire

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you everyone for your feedback. I am going to check this and few other 24, 28 and 30 inch Ariens in my area. Besides EFI, what are some other features or modes I should stay away from?

Luckily, snowblowers don’t seem to be selling well in the summer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am going to check out the Ariens snowblower tomorrow. The seller is open to offers since he is moving south. I am not sure how much I can get it for.

However, another person is selling a brand new Toro PowerMax HD 1030 for $700 FIRM. What would you do? Is the used Arien in my first post better option @$600-700 vs brand new Toro?

Thank you

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The Toro is a great machine as well.
I would be suspicious of a brand new $2000+ machine being sold for $700.00. What is the back story on the machine?
Apparently, it was a liquidation model (defective) with fuel delivery problems and it wouldn’t start. He has changed the fuel lines and everything works. He has some way of getting the factory defective products, then he repairs and sells them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts