Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tecumseh HS50-67074C
Coil is NLA.
It will light a test light but not a plug.
Bad coil or weak magnets?

Anyhow, if I can get it to spark, she is in decent shape otherwise.

Alternative is a Predator 6.5 hp swap.

Thanks,

Kenny in Trumbull Ct.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
here is another for you jack. Kirk Engines, Inc. >> Garden Tractor Performance Parts, dave's site is being rebuilt right now and should be back online dec 4th, he makes his own transistor conversion kit and ships them out fast, while he and i have not written back and forth in a while,he helped me a lot in building my early cub cadet pulling tractor

·
Registered
214 Posts
Did you clean, change, or adjust the points yet?
Just did one last week and a new condensor and filing the points got it up and running. Also don't forget to check all the wires for bare or frayed spots. I have also found the kill wires rubbed through in the past.

Reactions: KennyW in CT

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
30560a is the coil and still available . Did you clean, change, or adjust the points yet?
Everything is clean and new, still weak spark, not enough to fir a plug.

I have the Echo spark tester and it wont even bridge a .010 gap on the tester so I figure bad coil.

Just an FYI many people think test lights are foolproof. It lights my tester real bright but not enough to fire a plug in air, let alone under compression.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good points above and to check the wires. Years of thunking around in EOD can give you little tiny bare spots where the wires turn over some edges. Possible you're trying a resistor plug? If you have one without an "R" in the label you may see it arc. Unless you're running your ham radio with it, there's really no need to have a resistor plug.
My experiences with older Tec 5hp's would have me leaning to the predator swap if yours is single shaft.

I actually have a 6.5 predator as a donor. Anyone have a link for the shaft adapter sleeve and key so I can use the original 2 groove pulley? Thanks.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
here is another for you jack. Kirk Engines, Inc. >> Garden Tractor Performance Parts, dave's site is being rebuilt right now and should be back online dec 4th, he makes his own transistor conversion kit and ships them out fast, while he and i have not written back and forth in a while,he helped me a lot in building my early cub cadet pulling tractor
I know Dave from the early Voyager and later IHCC Forums (I have 9 IHCC's). Love his Point Savers. I may just give him a call. Thanks.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I know Dave from the early Voyager and later IHCC Forums (I have 9 IHCC's). Love his Point Savers. I may just give him a call. Thanks.
thats how i meet him also, cubcadets, together we found a aftermarket HD con rod for a 10 hp that is still handling being run on race methanol in a 66 102 with a splitter gear
they don't make machines like them anymore

1 - 12 of 12 Posts