Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the past I've used my local High School auto shop and County Vo-Tech for help. They have torches so if you need something heated, an auger removed. I've used the County Vo-Tech auto shop to rebuild starters and alternators, bearings pressed out, drums/disks turned. The instructor didn't charge me. It was experience for the students. I don't check in at the front desk, you'll get turned down. Go around the back to the shop. They especially like hard and different projects. They'll even do painting and body work though that costs for the materials.

·
Super Moderator
2,677 Posts
Many, many, many years ago I knew of a guy that was able to get a car into a vo-tech automotive program for some bodywork and paint. From what I was told in addition to patching and replacing body panels the car was painted something like 7 times. If it didn't come out to the instructors expectations, it was stripped down and redone.

I saw it before it went in and after it came out something like a year later and it was unbelievably beautiful. It wasn't fast as it was done on the schools schedule but if you can wait and get something into the program it's definitely worth consideration.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Around here automotive body work is a year project also!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts