Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
The 536. number indicates your machine WAS made by Murray ( now owned by Briggs & Stratton) for Sears. I looked at 100's of Murray pictures and could not find that paddle propelled two stage. I would try finding a corded rubber mud flap off a semi truck\trailer and make your own as a last resort. I know Ariens made a rubber paddle two stage, but I don't think those paddles would be the same as yours. Sorry. :(

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The 536. number indicates your machine WAS made by Murray ( now owned by Briggs & Stratton) for Sears. I looked at 100's of Murray pictures and could not find that paddle propelled two stage. I would try finding a corded rubber mud flap off a semi truck\trailer and make your own as a last resort. I know Ariens made a rubber paddle two stage, but I don't think those paddles would be the same as yours. Sorry. :(
That's disappointing. I was hoping to be able to just buy them and be done with it

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
I remember seeing this once and asking here how it worked with such skinny tires. Then it was explained that it had paddles.
Does it look like this? I was just looking at the black and white drawing and remembered this photo.

I've seen this pop up a couple times since, but only as an actual Craftsman. Not as a Murrey etc.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
found this ar sears parts direct
July 22, 2014
Thanks for the inquiry and for using SearsPartsDirect.com.
Unfortunately, due to the age of this snow thrower, the rubber pieces for the auger are no longer being produced and are no longer available by the manufacturer. The only option I can foresee would be to run an online search for the part number 336656 to see if there are any NOS (New Old Stock) available. I see the RH auger is still available as an assembly, but the LH has also been discontinued. If there was a rubber flighting that was similar to the original used on a newer model, the manufacturer (MTD) would have subbed it in place of the original.
Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for using SearsPartsDirect.com. We appreciate your business.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I remember seeing this once and asking here how it worked with such skinny tires. Then it was explained that it had paddles.
Does it look like this? I was just looking at the black and white drawing and remembered this photo.

I've seen this pop up a couple times since, but only as an actual Craftsman. Not as a Murrey etc.
That's it. Guess it's not throwing snow very far. My buddy is bringing it in for me to look at

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Are the rubber paddles even that important due to it having an auger and a 2 stage? How much can the paddles really help?
That type of blower does not have a traction drive system, it relies on the paddles to PULL it forward like a single stage machine.
The big rear tires make it easier to PUSH.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
It could be the auger drive belt is slipping due to age or just needs more tension applied to it. There may also be excessive clearance between the impeller blades and the housing which an impeller kit would help dramatically. I would think that worn paddles would show up more as a self propel problem rather than a snow throwing problem??

1 - 13 of 13 Posts