Snowblower Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,172 Posts
That's a 10000 series ...... Great machines, exact year does not matter ..... Wear parts are still available, and parts are looked up from model and serial numbers ....what are you looking for?

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
You need to tell us / show us the tag information on the chassis from your last picture, that will give us the correct numbers to give you the accurate information you requested.

·
Premium Member
571 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Based on the serial # this is a 1970 model.

Good luck with the restoration, would love to see some pics as you go through the process.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Based on the serial # this is a 1970 model.

Good luck with the restoration, would love to see some pics as you go through the process.
How do you get 1970? Does the 1st digit in the serial represent the year? I know for a fact the engine is a 1969. Must be a 70' Areins with a 69 7HP tecumseh engine correct? I know for a fact the engine was built Tuesday July 8th, 1969.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
If you look on page 2 of the manual I attached, according to the tractor model and serial # it lists it as a 1970.
It would make sense also that the engine was manufactured in 1969 for the 1970 model.
The original engine on my 10000 series was manufactured in the fall of 1968 and according to the Ariens manual the tractor is a 1969 model.
You can call it a 69 or 70, it really doesn't matter

·
Registered
39 Posts
Have two of about that same vintage that I repowered with Briggs 15C 107-0040-F8 motors! Had to do some modifications, mainly the mounting studs in frame are too short for the cast base of the Briggs. Replaced them with longer bolts. Other thing was the chute control shaft hit on the engine, added a U-joint and bracket to solve that.

Just noticed at the local Lowes and the cheapest blower on display is now $1,000.00! I probably have less than half that much in the two I have and they would crew one of the Lowes machines up and spit it out and keep on clearing the drive!

Kind of wish I had bought a third motor back then as I doubt I could find a deal on one these days like I did about 4 years ago!

·
Registered
7,172 Posts
Yeah, I sold 4 blowers in the past week and a half ... people keep telling me hoe insane the prices are on new machines.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts