Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I have been referring here every now and then when looking to buy a machine and finally decided to sign up.

Yesterday I saw a nice looking snow blower pop up on Craigslist and ended up getting it.

It's a Craftsman that is 3 years old (told to me by owner) and I am looking to confirm this. I would also like to know who made the machine.

It's a 27" / 14.5 ft/lb
Model Number 944. 520661
Serial 082710H 002246

Any help here would be great, I have searched around with no luck. The most I could find was maybe that the 082710 in the serial represents: 08 Month, 27 Day, 2010 Year. ??

I also need to get a new pull start for the machine, any recommendations on where to grab that? (I am in Canada!)

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
128 Posts
From the pictures I found online, that machine was definitely made by Husqvarna. I had a Husqvarna made Poulan Pro 30" that looked identical to this Craftsman, only it had a Tecumseh engine on it. I would think that the 3 year old date range is probably accurate, as only a few years ago Craftsman machines were being made by AYP/MTD and looked much different. It was only recently that they switched over to Husqvarna as their manufacturer.

That's a pretty nice machine. What did you pay for it, if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking that it was Husqvarnia machine, it does have a hydrostatic transmission as well.
I paid $475.
It is basically in new condition, stored in a heated garage and rarely used because his brother owned a plow. The paint isn't scratched and he told me it was always summerized.

It worked perfectly when I picked it up, I must have lost the little key in transit. When I got home I tried pulling it over, not noticing the key was not in. I ended up flooding the engine, causing a lot of back pressure and then ended up breaking the pull start on it.

I was just talking to him and he has a spare key which I am picking up off him today.
Now I just need to get a new pull for it and I will be ready for winter.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I was thinking that it was Husqvarnia machine, it does have a hydrostatic transmission as well.
I paid $475.
It is basically in new condition, stored in a heated garage and rarely used because his brother owned a plow. The paint isn't scratched and he told me it was always summerized.

It worked perfectly when I picked it up, I must have lost the little key in transit. When I got home I tried pulling it over, not noticing the key was not in. I ended up flooding the engine, causing a lot of back pressure and then ended up breaking the pull start on it.

I was just talking to him and he has a spare key which I am picking up off him today.
Now I just need to get a new pull for it and I will be ready for winter.
did you just break the rope or did you break the pull start mechanism. The rope is easily replaced and cost next to nothing. Not much more work then swapping out the pull start. Plenty of videos on line how to do it, very easy to do.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
did you just break the rope or did you break the pull start mechanism. The rope is easily replaced and cost next to nothing. Not much more work then swapping out the pull start. Plenty of videos on line how to do it, very easy to do.
It wasn't the rope that broke, It was some thing internally.
I will be taking it apart tonight and see what I got myself into.

·
Account closed by member request.
9,612 Posts
Thanks for the Welcome!

Link to some pictures of the machine....
imgur: the simple image sharer

The Pull assembly doesn't look easy to access. It seems like it is held on my rivets? Anyone have any experience in installing a new one of these?
take the cover off and drill out the rivets. replace them with stainless steel locknuts and bolts. the SS won't rot up. ALOHA to the forms..:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

·
Retired Moderator
9,913 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

+1 with powershift. Or if you are replacing all the parts and you have a rivet gun pop it back on with that like factory.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts