Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was given a noma snowblower (10hp 27inch) but there was no auger cable on it . The previous owner just took off the cable for some reason, and put a spring on the idler pulley to keep tension on the belt. I would like to be able to stop the auger in an emergency situation, so I want to put the cable back on and make it safer, and the way it came from the factory. Now, here is the problem, I need some sort of diagram so I know where and how the cable is routed.... Does anyone know where to find one? I have been to the Murray website with no results...:-(

·
Retired Moderator
4,160 Posts
Try going here:

donyboy73's Channel - YouTube

And then typing Noma or Murray into the search box. He has lots of repair videos of snowblowers and I bet one of them is very similar to yours.

·
Super Moderator
2,689 Posts
Controls

If you don't find what you're looking for, if you post the model number of your snowblower along with some pictures, maybe someone else has that model or one close enough to assist you. Good luck.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Boy long time since I was on here....I got around to getting the ol Noma in shape for the winter...the person that gave this to me is supposed to be a mechanic,if thatis true.....he will never touch any of my cars! When I got it, the spark plug was loose, the headlight was broken(bad socket) there is no bottom plate, the pins for the wheels have been replaced with bolts, one shear pin is missing, the bolts for the skid shoes were so rusted one snapped, the other is stripped and just spins...(will probably have to cut that off somehow). The other shoe is worn to nothing, once I did get the machine running, the engine surged up and down, and would not idle down at all! I adjusted and cleaned out the carb, and there is a nail in one of the tires, (but it still holds air) I have done everything except new headlight socket, new skid shoes, new shear pin, and of course, the darn auger cable. (still can't find the part) It runs alot better now, starts on the first pull, runs and idles well. Lots of neglect on the old girl..... I believe the model number on this Noma is 627104 10HP 27 inch wide path Noma Performance. From what I have been reading it has to be at least 10 years old

1 - 5 of 5 Posts