Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I noticed a little gas dripping from the main nozzle screw in the bottom of the carb bowl so I backed it off a little and when I attempted to cinch the bolt up it spun before I could get the drip stopped.

Now I've got the bowl down along with the dammed spaghetti gasket. The bolt SEEMS to tighten up when I screw it in without the bowl but not with the bowl on. It almost gets tight and then the bolt spins.

I'd appreciate your advice on what might be the best way to proceed.

I'm afraid the hole in the post that the bolt goes up through inside the carb may be stripped along some part of the depth.

The machine is a 2017 Toro Max 826OE 252cc Loncin

·
Registered
859 Posts
Unfortunately you cant re-thread that post/nozzle, the metal is too thin and when drilling to re-tap, you will get debris into the passageways, you will have to replace the carb body. It does happen a lot and replacement of the carb is your only option when it happens.
At least you can get replacement carbs pretty cheap on Ebay and Amazon.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Unfortunately you cant re-thread that post/nozzle, the metal is too thin and when drilling to re-tap, you will get debris into the passageways, you will have to replace the carb body. It does happen a lot and replacement of the carb is your only option when it happens.
At least you can get replacement carbs pretty cheap on Ebay and Amazon.
YUP, I’m a machinist and that repair is not going to work, new carb is pretty inexpensive as ST1100 says.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts