Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(I updated a thread in a different subforum but got no responses, then I noticed this dedicated "repair" subforum so here's hoping....)

Our next door neighbor, a single gal in her 80's, has a JD snowblower whose impeller looks like her nephews used it on fist-sized rocks. Everything else is in good shape but the impeller is basically destroyed.

Does anyone know of a source for this impeller? Here is the information she gave me (it's not physically next door so I cannot go investigate without driving to where the machine is right now):

Product ID: 1128DDE
Serial: MO1128DDEL212169

User bbwb suggested above that the impeller part number is now AM127453. I'm hoping someone here might have one "in the back", or whatever, and we can buy it for her. She has someone who is willing to take on the project of installing it (so I don't end up owning the problem, if you know what I mean). I'm trying to arrange everything, get her the impeller she needs, and then hand it off to her other guy to do the actual install.

Any leads to a new impeller will be greatly appreciated as we try to help this gal out. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Could you remove it and bring it to a welding shop for heating, banging, and welding an additional plate for strength?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am only trying to help find the replacement part. The unit is old, the impeller likely rusted to the shaft, and she has family members who are willing to take on the project of swapping it out - bless their hearts!

Also, the damage is severe enough that I think there is substantial amounts of metal actually missing. Plus there's the whole question of balance and fitting to the circular chute chamber. I have a good friend who owns and runs a welding/metalshop and I wouldn't ask him to take this on. My plan is to find the proper impeller and hand it to the family members.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
any decent metal fab shop should be able to fix/patch it up probably cheaper than buying a replacement part. it is not like there is anything really that fancy to a impellers design and sometimes finding parts for older machines can be tricky and it would just be cheaper to replace the machine than replace the parts.

·
Registered
62 Posts
User bbwb suggested above that the impeller part number is now AM127453
that appears to be the correct part number going by this.......

$217 bucks.....ouch !!!!

however, if you google that part number, you can find it cheaper on other sites,

good luck!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts