Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi new to the forum I have a MTD tracked snow shifter I got this second hand there is no model number on it all I can see is a barcode on the engine SN:ZS170F/P-C1109203B0031 would this give me a model number as I need the rubber drive wheel for this have attached photos of snow shifter 20210222_150533.jpg 20210222_151139.jpg 20210222_151200.jpg 20210222_151523.jpg i am in the UK
Thanks NEIL

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
The engine SN won't help identifying the snowblower model number. I'd remove the rubber wheel and try to find a replacement based on approximate dimensions. Your rubber friction wheel is so worn that getting an exact dimension will be nearly impossible but I suspect MTD didn't use dozens of variations. This might be one to start with:

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
As rod330 suggested, go to Amazon and type in MTD friction disk, see what comes up, 943-0243b may be it.

Reactions: neilhull

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi thanks for the reply . I have taken the friction wheel of I measured the internal diameter seams to be a standard size for MTD blowers so I have ordered on from USA . Needed a bearing which I can get in the UK don't know how long the friction wheel will take to get across the big pond

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The engine SN won't help identifying the snowblower model number. I'd remove the rubber wheel and try to find a replacement based on approximate dimensions. Your rubber friction wheel is so worn that getting an exact dimension will be nearly impossible but I suspect MTD didn't use dozens of variations. This might be one to start with:
Yes 735-0243 is the one I ordered thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts