Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i ran out and have to get some more. 120' of sidewalk, and 30'x40' drive. one bag can last a couple years, i dont go crazy with it. do you all have a favorite brand or store like hd or lowes etc. to get it. maybe even liquid? no plants to worry about and the concrete is mature enough. thanks

·
Retired Moderator
3,149 Posts
Are your streets, driveways and sidewalks covered there too? Main streets are O.K., but the side streets here are pretty slick.

·
Registered
104 Posts
someplace that sells bulk food, lots of rock salt,
costco,gfc, or sam's club, they have huge lots of it.
i have a small area, i buy 5-6 cartons of table salt. 50 cents a pop most places

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are your streets, driveways and sidewalks covered there too? Main streets are O.K., but the side streets here are pretty slick.
no, right now the streets/drives/ walks are decent but the other night i had to use the rest of my supply of salt because the city was digging up the street right in front of my house(at 2 am ) and pumped out all the water in the "dug-out hole" and iced up my sidewalk and part of the drive and the apron at the end of the drive so i ended up with a huge muddy/icy mess,so now i need some salt "just in case" till the end of season. i just dont like that stuff that makes the driveway turn white. yes, 2 cycle table salt might be good for wifey to shake on the front porch when she gets her paper

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just a thought but lately when I buy the large bags of rock salt(HD) I find that their always seems to be some that sticks together.I put those peices in a five gallon pail with hot water let dissolve then put it in a garden sprayer and I end up with a nice brine soloution. Melts ice pretty good.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just a thought but lately when I buy the large bags of rock salt(HD) I find that their always seems to be some that sticks together.I put those peices in a five gallon pail with hot water let dissolve then put it in a garden sprayer and I end up with a nice brine soloution. Melts ice pretty good.
nice idea Elliot, that might work out for me

·
Registered
104 Posts
rude much?

1st of all
we dont go "on the porch for the paper" since cant afford the luxury.
2nd i make do with what i can since sciatica& arthritis are double teaming me.

so if anyone who's so much better off than me wants to come by& shovel&salt my place be my guest....

·
Registered
93 Posts
come on by

trdr....next time you get by just, stop by the shop and sweep up from the plow spreader in the shop. I swear he dumps about 5 bags on the floor every time he parks. I'm going to start collecting it tomorrow now that we are done moving into the new shop.:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts