Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need lots of help but this is not that kind of forum!
So I posted this yesterday evening and somehow it was moved to the snapper section. I have a 4/22 machine that was running on 3/4 choke, tried to run some seafoam through it and now it won’t run unless I squirt gas in the carbs. So I’m thinking a rebuild is in order. Problem is I can’t find the carb anywhere on the net. The only number I can find is 1427E3U. The 3 might’ve been an 8 years ago. So can anyone tell me which carburetor I have? It’s on a tecumseh 4hp.
Please help an older guy!

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
depending on the choke setup a pic of the one on it would be best, I always get the adjustable needle carbs and from the 3.5hp up to the 6 hp are all the same carb and you can adjust them to run your size engine, Only differences are the levers for the throttle and choke so if you match those in the pic you should be good. This has the most common setup on it.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Adjustable-Carburetor-Tecumseh-640299-640299A-640299B-4HP-5HP-Snowblower-Carb/323107753298?epid=1667461750&hash=item4b3ab90d52:g:gTwAAOSwl2haOJFl:rk:1:pf:0

·
Registered
2,246 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! I found that tecumseh site but/still don’t see those numbers there maybe I’m just looking at it wrong!
Thanks again! I’ll post up when I get it fixed and running again!

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
The numbers 1427 appear, not the E3U, which is the manufacture date code.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts