Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
been using a electric powered corded snow blower the past 2 season and hoping to upgrade to a gas powered one this season. we usually get pretty deep snow here and looking for something thatll make short work of the white stuff. :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm looking for something similar too. Nothing too powerful and easy to maintain. Anyone have any suggestions and msrp?

·
Registered
9 Posts
There's a lot you guys should look into before deciding what to get. I would suggest making a list of all the features you want to have and compare the different models from each brand. I would suggest getting something from either Honda, Toro, Arien.

·
Registered
91 Posts
What you need for a snowblower depnds on many factors. 1). How much snow do you get? 2). What kind of snow do you get? Dry or heavy wet? 3). How big is the area you need to snowblow? Talk to your local dealers and see what they suggest for your area. Then go from there.

·
Registered
143 Posts
What you need for a snowblower depnds on many factors. 1). How much snow do you get? 2). What kind of snow do you get? Dry or heavy wet? 3). How big is the area you need to snowblow? Talk to your local dealers and see what they suggest for your area. Then go from there.
Excellent suggestion.
My Toro dealer suggested a single stage 221QR instead of the $1400 two stage 828.
He felt that it should handle all but the very worst of storms. Probably all of them if I didn't get in a big hurry. Since I still have my 30+ year old MTD built 826 two stage, I'm not too concerned with the rare ice/slush EOD dam that may happen. If the little Toro won't handle it, the old 2 stage should. My dealer thinks the Toro is all I will need.
FWIW, I didn't buy the 221QR, I bought the 421QE. :D
I like 4 cycle engines and my wife wanted the electric start. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the suggestions. i saw someone post here about snowblower.com and i went there and found this helpful article. i read through it and now im doing my research on that site too. they have more than a few reviews of some of the snowblowers im thinking of getting.

How to Choose the Best Snowblower

1 - 6 of 6 Posts