Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got This White "Snow Boss" through one of my scrap metal associates. I figured it would be a Typical double shaft engine setup and drive. However, I was surprised to see a single shaft setup. What was Really interesting, is the drive chain and sprocket moves laterally with the friction wheel. Also, the Gauge of steel was comparable to an Ariens 10000 series. Check out the Gearbox as well. Interesting Setup IMHO. Saved the Engine, a Good HM80 w/generator and headlight.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I have a power king brand blower, same frame, it's 5/24 and I put a 9hp on it...absolutely unstopable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe it's an MTD. Tag says Made in Cleveland, which is MTD Country. Bringing it to the Scrapyard today. Can't Save Them All.....

·
Registered
397 Posts
My "White Outdoor Equipment" snowblower was also made by MTD in Cleveland.

It's interesting that this unit's plastic (epdm ?) chute still looks like new !

Maybe the unit just sat outside, without being used; why even the shoes look like original equipment, never even rotated.

·
Banned
474 Posts
I believe it's an MTD. Tag says Made in Cleveland, which is MTD Country. Bringing it to the Scrapyard today. Can't Save Them All.....
Looks like the impeller blades were awfully thin and might not be a good snow chucker anyway.:dry:

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It actually looked like a Decent Machine, but it had to go.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts