Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 3X 26 unit and have been reading the operator's manuals. The spark plug for the machine is listed as 951-10292. A Google search found two sources that said that a Champion RN14YC (or 405) is equivalent. I can get the Champion plug locally when I need it, but I would probably have to get the 951-10292 on line since I have not found a local supplier.

Has anyone else found this equivalence? Is there a way to confirm this with the snowblower manufacturer?

I haven't had a chance to try out the snowblower yet, but I expect good performance. I live in Beavercreek, Ohio and we usually don't get really heavy snow (2 feet would be considered heavy here), but on one occasion two years ago my other blower stalled. I doubt that will happen with the Cub. I read in this forum that one user had trouble with OEM shear pins frequently snapping and that switching to after-market pins solved the problem. Anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Congrats on the Cub ! You won't be disappointed. Had mine out for the first time today and it impressed me on every feature. Not really a lot of snow but it was a great "maiden voyage". Looking forward to being able to try it in deeper snow .
Enjoy ! You bought an awesome machine !!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the suggested alternative spark plug. Autozone here has this plug listed, but apparently they don't stock it at the store. They would have to order it. When I Googled the plug number, Champion RN14YC came up as an alternative.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the reply and the spark plug suggestion. I don't understand your comment about "Honda clone". Is the engine a "Honda clone"? How did you determine that this plug is a replacement for the 951-10292? Please don't take offense at my questions; I am curious about how you found this substitute.

·
Banned
2,029 Posts
yes all powermore engines used on mtd products are honda clones. yours is a gx200 clone with a slight over bore and some shroud changes to get around patent laws. a honda gx200 uses an ngk bpr6es or bpr5es spark plug, therefore a clone of a honda gx200 would use an ngk bpr5es or bpr6es spark plug

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Thanks again for the plug suggestion and for providing a link to the Home Depot page for the plug. I have saved the page in my Cub Cadet file. My local Home Depot has 8 in stock. So I now have a local supplier for this item. I hate paying shipping and handling for items where those fees are almost equal to the price of the item itself.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Congrats and no broken pins in mine yet...not sure why another had problems? The plow always comes thru before I have a chance to clear driveway, so that means heavy duty snow, slush, ice at end of driveway and absolutely no issues!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts