Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this International Cadet Model 265 from a couple older ladies who bought a new machine . This thing is a tank and I can't wait to restore it . First thing I found was the govenor rod bolt was missing , found a replacement and fixed that . It runs well but I will rebuild the carb before next winter . I noticed the impeller has been rewelded and the blades look to be bent in a bit and one of the reenforcement bars on one of the blades is missing , no big deal to fix . But the blades look a bit bent in too much which may be causing the poor throwing performance . Are they supposed to be verticle like normal impellers ? I'll have to get caught up on loading pics to my photobucket and I'll attach pics . It has a rounded chute rather than the squared off ones .

·
Retired Moderator
4,160 Posts
All impellers I have seen were a round disc in the back with blades perpendicular at a 90 degree angle. The front edges of the blades are generally cupped a bit as well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I'll take some pictures when I pull it apart this coming weekend .

Sorry no pics to post yet . I aquired another blower , a Sears / Techumseh powered 10/32 so I have " move things around " in my shop to make space .

Here's a pic of it when I got it .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts