Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally bit the bullet and bought my new Ariens Deluxe 28 (921030). I got it delivered by the local dealer on Friday and love it, but I do have one thing that I am not sure about. When I engage the auger, I get a pretty good "bang" upon engagement. Does this sound normal?
Thanks,
Bruce

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a Deluxe 24" that I purchased in Nov 2012. At the time, I think the machines were identical except for the wider bucket on the 28". Anywho, I don't get a bang when the auger gets engaged. If anything, I think the unit gets quieter. Well, I do get the sound of the auger spinning. Kind of sounds like a big fan.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a Deluxe 24" that I purchased in Nov 2012. At the time, I think the machines were identical except for the wider bucket on the 28". Anywho, I don't get a bang when the auger gets engaged. If anything, I think the unit gets quieter. Well, I do get the sound of the auger spinning. Kind of sounds like a big fan.
It's actually quiet after it engages with the fan sound like you mentioned. It's just that there is an initial bang upon initial engagement....like dumping the clutch on a car.
Thanks,
Bruce

·
Registered
12 Posts
Being that its new, it wouldnt hurt to get it looked at while under warranty. Not much help I know but good luck.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Get it checked out or just call tech. service at Ariens. They have always been helpful for me when calling.
I think I'll stop by the dealer on my way home today and see what they have to say. It's probably not a big deal, but I would like to take care of it if it is.
Thanks,
Bruce

·
Registered
59 Posts
Adjust the attachment idler. Roller on bottom of attachment arm slapping against frame upon engagement. Easy adjustment.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts