Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any feedback on its use? May be a while before I use mine in Md. Unit/serial #633 suggests there are that many out there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, I can say compared to 35 yr old Ariens 24" w/ 8 hp w/ 5 speed disc drive: MUCH quieter, easier to start, much easier to turn, but finicky, though usually faster to set chute position (on trial, in snowless driveway). It is also so much heavier that I hope to never have to man-handle it thru a turn.

Oh, it's really, really shiny!! Let it snow!!! Bring it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Interested in your hydro.

AVNORM,

Where do you live in MD??? I'm condsidering buying a new 36" hydro but haven't been able to find one locally to run. I'm really interested in how the traction control works when turning.

I presently have a 16 year old ST1236 in excellent shape.

Thanks
Matt

·
Super Moderator
3,855 Posts
Any feedback on its use? May be a while before I use mine in Md. Unit/serial #633 suggests there are that many out there.
Actually, 633 would mean very FEW are out there! ;)
(thats a very low serial number..if 633 was the total, that would be an unusually small production run.)
but obviously yours isnt the last one..im sure there are more than 633, but we dont know how many..but in terms of serial numbers and total model production runs, 633 is very low, not high..

And, (more useless trivia you didnt ask for! ;) ) the serial numbers never begin with 000001.
In this case, the first production model was 000101, so yours is the 532nd built. The lower numbers are usually taken up by pre-production and "test" machines, that arent sold to the general public.

But apart from all that, no one has heard a thing about the new Ariens hydros, they are new this year, just introduced this fall. Please give us a review once you use it! You will be the first to tell us about them! :)

Scot

1 - 4 of 4 Posts