Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market to replace my 20 year old Ariens 824 snowblower. I want to buy the 824 Platinum blower with the EFI engine.
Has anybody had any experience with the EFI? Is it dependable ? Any problems? Please advise. Thank you in advance.

·
Account closed by member request.
9,612 Posts
Don't know nuttin aboot those machines. Anyhoo, ALOHA from the Paradise City.:smiley-rpg027::smiley-rpg027::smiley-rpg027::smiley-rpg027::smiley-rpg027:

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just did a very similar deal. bought my 1999 824 new and sold it yesterday for 350 cash (18 years old). called and ordered the platinum 24 SHO (non-efi) today and will get later today delivered.

·
Super Moderator
9,892 Posts
:welcome: to SBF Mucksiegoooma

EFI is fairly new to snowblowers but it's been around for a couple decades on riding mowers so the technology isn't that new. That said it should hold up and perform well over time.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Has anybody had any experience with the EFI? Is it dependable ? Any problems? Please advise. Thank you in advance.
EFI is still quite new in this market so the jury will be out for a bit (a couple of years, at least, I'd think) before we have some real, dependable data to analyze.

I'm sure it's here to stay, however, and will continue to be improved upon as time passes.

I certainly like the idea of it!

·
Registered
121 Posts
I've got a Platinum SHO 24" EFI and it did well for me at the tail end of the 2017-2018 season. I purchased it in early January from a dealer locally. Even with a 1/2 pull it starts right up. Hasn't bogged down even in the heavy wet stuff at the bottom of the driveway after it has sat all day. I've learned that anything above 3/4 power will toss the snow past my entire lawn and into my neighbors driveway :) I'm a fan and I'm sold.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I've got a Platinum SHO 24" EFI and it did well for me at the tail end of the 2017-2018 season. I purchased it in early January from a dealer locally. Even with a 1/2 pull it starts right up. Hasn't bogged down even in the heavy wet stuff at the bottom of the driveway after it has sat all day. I've learned that anything above 3/4 power will toss the snow past my entire lawn and into my neighbors driveway :) I'm a fan and I'm sold.

Is keeping the battery charged (in both seasons) an issue at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts