Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to get chute to rotate. Will rotate only if hold brass colored lever open under the gear cover. How do I make this work? The cable doesn't seem to pull that lever back.:(

·
Registered
14 Posts
Trying to get chute to rotate. Will rotate only if hold brass colored lever open under the gear cover. How do I make this work? The cable doesn't seem to pull that lever back.:(
are you pulling up on lever when moving side to side? If you are then you need to make adjustments to the 2 nuts where the cable is under the gear cover.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We tried adjusting those 2 nuts, still didn't work. I wonder if the chute control assembly is installed incorrectly. The spring on that barely moves, but the whole assembly moves! Perhaps the e-clip is in the wrong place. Manual not clear, but looks like it only fits one way.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I also wonder if the cable eyelet should go under the spacer bar and up to the sleeve bushing and hairpin to take up some slack? It's clearly not that way in the manual, but just a thought.

·
Registered
336 Posts
From the manual:
If chute does not rotate freely:
Tighten the cable by loosening the forward adjustment nut, and then tightening the rear adjustment nut against the bracket until all cable slack is removed and lock arm engages teeth.​

·
Registered
979 Posts
You didn't say how you moved the chute control lever on control panel to release the chute lock. So when standing in the operator position you pull back towards you on the chute control lever on the handlebar control panel and move the lever left or right and then release the lever so it locks the chute gear. You will be able to see the cable end attached to the chute control lever move backward toward you through the opening in the control panel when you pull back on the chute control lever. If that does not release the chute lock arm then make sure lock arm is fully seated in gear teeth; adjust lock cable by removing all cable slack and loosening rear nut one full turn and tightening front nut.

The diagram for the chute control shows the lock cable as a straight run from the lever plate out through the control panel. Mine works fine like this.

Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts