Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all.

After searching this site I bought the recommended carb for my Sno Thro. However the choke lever looks like it's backwards. I couldn't find anything on here how to rectify the problem. Any suggestions appreciated. Below is a picture. I have a 1972 or 1973 Six horse tecumseh.
Thanks,
Cliff
[iurl="http://www.snowblowerforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=77225&d=1454509781"]
[/iurl]
Well i got the new carb and after switching out the choke stem with my older one she fired right up. That carb worked perfect after switching out the stems. Everything works except the augers dont spin. Everything engages fine that i can see. Any help would be appreciated. I pulled the two bolts off the auger shaft and they were fine. I think those
are the shear pins.
Thanks for everyones hep.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,892 Posts
That's going to be a problem. That doesn't seem to be the right carb.
What is the new carbs part number ?? Is there a part number on the old carb ??
What is the full number of the Tecumseh engine itself ??

Any chance you can interchange the chokes and use the old on the new ??

Does the new one have a nipple for a primer ??

·
Registered
101 Posts
What's wrong with the old carb? Looks a little grimy on the outside but is there anything terminally wrong with it that a dental pick, carb cleaner and maybe 10 minutes in an ultrasonic cleaner wouldn't fix?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was leaking very bad. Plus it was all bent up on the backside from the old owner trying to get it off with a pipe wrench.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No nipple primer. That's what I was thinking maybe drilling the old and new one out and tapping with a screw? Below is from ebay. I could not find one with the choke facing the right direction. I'm thinking possibly bending the new one straight back and maybe it will fit through the cover if not, add an extension somehow.
Thanks,
Cliff
Carburetor Tecumseh Oregon 50-646 H50 H60 HH60 Engine Carb 230

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Carb

That's going to be a problem. That doesn't seem to be the right carb.
What is the new carbs part number ?? Is there a part number on the old carb ??
What is the full number of the Tecumseh engine itself ??

Any chance you can interchange the chokes and use the old on the new ??

Does the new one have a nipple for a primer ??
That's what I was thinking trying to switch out the choke levers or bending the new one straight back and flat then attach the old one to that to extend it out. Below id the one I ordered. I have the H60
Thanks Cliff

Carburetor Tecumseh Oregon 50-646 H50 H60 HH60 Engine Carb 230

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You were correct Kiss4afrog,I swapped the choke stems and perfecto she runs. Now I'll work on one more problem below. Thanks.

Well i got the new carb and after switching out the choke stem with my older one she fired right up. That carb worked perfect after switching out the stems. Everything works except the augers dont spin. Everything engages fine that i can see. Any help would be appreciated. I pulled the two bolts off the auger shaft and they were fine. I think those
are the shear pins.
Thanks for everyones hep.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Well i got the beast running like a top. I also pulled the gearbox apart and found a broken pin that slide s through the auger shaft. Bingo everything works. A very big thank you to this forum and it's members. Now i need to figure out how to remove and replace my zerk fittings on the auger shaft. Don't know how the come off.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah classiccat i had the augers off the shaft and there was a little grease in there. When i pulled the shear pins out they spun freely.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts