Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I stop this new chute on my 928 -2019 Honda snowblower from blowing snow at my face when the chute is at right angle? I had a 828 and I must be a jerk for selling it never had any of these problems. Also I heard about hydro oil problems without a reservoir. Has anyone else have a problem with this.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
How do I stop this new chute on my 928 -2019 Honda snowblower from blowing snow at my face when the chute is at right angle?
Sadly, you have to add back a little shield to it to stop the splashing when the snow is mushy. This is what I did: https://www.snowblowerforum.com/forum/1665983-post17.html

Also I heard about hydro oil problems without a reservoir.
The newer ones like yours have internal baffles that do the same thing as the external oil reservoir by keeping air bubbles from forming.

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Gees, I used my cab enclosed Bolens for 30 or so years until I tired of constant repair challenges. So I graduated to an Ariens 28 Pro, hot stuff........except when clearing snow. The very first time I endured being covered with snow.....unheard of with my Bolens, I ORDERED THE BEST CAB I COULD FIND..about $150.

A pleasure now being dry with a snow clearing Ariens!

EDIT: If Tabora’s fix will satisfy your needs, heck, no need for a cab. Personally life is too short to put up with any unnecessary nonsense.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also just changed the jet on my hss928 from a #85 to a #92 with no problems very easy to do I live in ct. on the coast. Engine runs great with no ajustments.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts