1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,205 Posts
Pretty nice.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Very cool! But wow, to have worn out the plates already! Can you use hardened steel for the skids? Even just hardened inserts? I don't know if UHMW polyethylene, or Delrin, are practical for equipment that size. I suspect they may not be up to the challenge.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This skids we made of Hardox 400, which is much more abrasion resistant than regular steel. They were mostly just worn on the rear edge and front edge, so I think it is difficult for the operator to tell if its level. I think we'll try some 1" thick hardox and maybe add a level indicator, something like the picture attached. It'll probably freeze in one position after a bit of plowing, but may help the operator know where level is from the cab.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
We had some thing close to that on my work plow truck except the wing floated they were removable and there were 2 pins on top and 2 pins on bottom about 4 in long so any down pressure would not wear the skids. We have sold that truck and plow but used it for 20 years every few years hard surface the bottom skids and good to go again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts