Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After quite a bit of research, visits to dealers etc., I pulled the trigger on a new Deluxe 28 SHO yesterday. Initial observations are good so far except for the headlight, but I knew that before I bought it - the stock headlight will be replaced by LED's, just haven't decided where to put them yet. I was a little apprehensive about Auto-Turn, but after playing a bit yesterday, so far so good. It's certainly a different feel, but I think it will be OK. We are supposed to receive 15 cm of snow today, so I'll have a chance to try it out some a little later. We are supposed to have a more substantial storm Wednesday/Thursday - can't wait to try out the new machine on real snow. I'll try to post a review once I've had a chance to really try it out.

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Awesome, enjoy it! No one here will judge you if you blow a bunch of today's snow into a deeper pile, and then clear it all at once, to see how the machine performs.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Nice. I have the same one and love it. Check the gas tank for steel filings though because myself and a few others had this issue.

·
Registered
326 Posts
After quite a bit of research, visits to dealers etc., I pulled the trigger on a new Deluxe 28 SHO yesterday. Initial observations are good so far except for the headlight, but I knew that before I bought it - the stock headlight will be replaced by LED's, just haven't decided where to put them yet.
I use these headlights on both my blowers. (Saturday I rewired my spare machine with these).
With the hand warmers on and both lights blazing, the machine runs fine. They are very bright too. Your not looking into them for long without seeing black spots.

I love these things, and the price is right. Pick up a bridge rectifier for $5 and a switch or two and your done. The only negative of LEDS is the snow won't melt on the headlights as they are cool to the touch.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KRV3PNA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice. I have the same one and love it. Check the gas tank for steel filings though because myself and a few others had this issue.
Vince: Thanks for the advice. I did check for filings before gassing it up as I had read about that issue - mine appeared to be OK.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I use these headlights on both my blowers. (Saturday I rewired my spare machine with these).
With the hand warmers on and both lights blazing, the machine runs fine. They are very bright too. Your not looking into them for long without seeing black spots.

I love these things, and the price is right. Pick up a bridge rectifier for $5 and a switch or two and your done. The only negative of LEDS is the snow won't melt on the headlights as they are cool to the touch.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KRV3PNA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Yes, those look like good lights. I'll probably order a couple of those and a rectifier, I have the switch, wire, terminals etc. I'm still undecided as to where to mount the LED's - looking at your avatar, yours are mounted to the front of the dash?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts