Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
20200914_114414_compress97.jpg

We spoke and Ariens listened. This new cap looks like a massive improvement over the way to complicated and I'll fitting older design.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More...
20200914_114423_compress41.jpg

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
20200914_114531_compress27.jpg

·
Registered
148 Posts
maybe for ariens yet nothing really new. my 2 year old toro lawn mower has the same type of cap, turn till it clicks a few times. as we transit to more auto like emission controls we will across every brand see these caps, vapor control solenoids, carbon canisters ,pc v's, vapor recovery tanks and of course EFI
welcome to the new world . something dealers have been getting schooled on.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
72 Posts
Still a metal tank though. Maybe in another 5 years they'll "improve" to back where they were 30 years ago.

Are the tanks still undersized as well?

·
Registered
279 Posts
This across the entire 2020 lineup?

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This across the entire 2020 lineup?
Not sure but I know both part numbers.
Older cap is 52107500
Newer cap is 07500112
I know you are interested in other models than the Deluxe line so you might have to check with your dealer.

I also measured the tanks for depth and found that the Deluxe 28 (new) tank is at least 1/2" deeper than the Deluxe 30 (old) tank. The rest of the measurements are not that easy because of the shrouding that is in the way of getting exact dimensions.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Will check around end of week. Looks like a decent design.

Reactions: Zavie

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
I'm glad they seem to have improved it. It's unfortunate that step 1 was to make it harder to use in the first place :) My Tecumseh-powered one is from around 2000, it has a plastic tank that's around a gallon (plenty for me), and a gas cap that has never needed a moment's thought.

Presumably the changes involve cost, but also emissions concerns, as was mentioned. Only one of those can be fully "blamed" on Ariens.

·
Registered
148 Posts
i think it's more to stop the overfill spilling while along with controlling emissions . it's a going to happen issue as the emission laws for small off road engines get stiffer world wide.
v twins have had more than singles for several years, vapor canisters, crank case ventilation systems, purge valves, and EFI which has been trickling down to singles also with areins being the leader in efi singles

yet looking at the ops good photos i like seeing the grass filter and red marker saying don't overfill past this mark

·
Registered
279 Posts
i think it's more to stop the overfill spilling while along with controlling emissions .

yet looking at the ops good photos i like seeing the grass filter and red marker saying don't overfill past this mark
Well, they got it half right. Now enlarge the tanks.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Just out hands on the cap for the ariens deluxe, and I like it. It was also on the compact 24, just different color. Have to find a platinum and pro now , but I'd expect they would change it on all models, not just the price point models.

Reactions: Zavie

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The new cap is way better. Remember this thread? New owner, can't remove gas cap. I remember it like it was yesterday.......Cap won't come off

1 - 18 of 18 Posts