Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, new here. Picking up an old Toro 1132 on Sat. Paid for it today, but didn't have my trailer. Paid $50, not running been sitting for ? Engine not locked up, so that's a plus. Looks like it's all there, though I didn't know off the bat what to look for. Hoping to save the motor, but I can swap it out easy enough if need be. Drive system looks odd compared to what I had on my Cub Cadet. Two knobs, one on the right one on the left are for turning? I dunno? 3 forward 1 reverse. I forgot my phone but I can steal a pic from the ad. It needs help.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Welcome to the forums! That's a big beast you have there! I don't know much about that one, but hopefully someone here can send you in the right direction. Solid looking machine!

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
I would have paid $50 for it but not much more, well worth $50, but only because of its age and the work it will need. Many on here are still using that machine because of the quality and just keep it running. Check for rust in the metal gas tank and keep it filled to prevent rusting.

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
For $75 I'd have been all over that blower. Heck. I'd have gone $100.
That's a ratblower.:wink2:

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got it home. Raining and crappy. Step one is drain oil and replace, get a new plug, gas line, gas filter, remove the tank and look for NOS or generic replacement. Then try to get it running.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ordered carb kit today. I'll invest $7 for that to see if it will run. If not, Harbor Freight will be the next step unless I can find something else reasonable. Don't wan't to toss a whole bunch of cash at it if I don't need to.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Update: New plug, ran propane into carb while cranking. No dice. Tried choke in all positions, either not enough propane getting in or no spark. Got cold and bored. Spark check tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Welcome Rob
Might be a good time to check for spark.
Before you head off to Harbor Freight see if that Briggs is a single or a dual shaft. Could be a game changer.
I've never tried propane before, but I've used starting fluid on more than one project like yours just to see if it will try to run.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Welcome Rob
Might be a good time to check for spark.
Before you head off to Harbor Freight see if that Briggs is a single or a dual shaft. Could be a game changer.
I've never tried propane before, but I've used starting fluid on more than one project like yours just to see if it will try to run.
I'm checking spark tomorrow. Used to use propane on old motorcycles, figured i'd try it.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Rob...that old Briggs has points....PITA to get to and shine. Take a coil from any modern Briggs single cylinder....I have a lot of blown 18 hp lawn tractor engine which is what I use.....bolt it on after cutting the wire from the old coil and removing..,.and you got spark! I've changed all my old Briggs motors over....a good move.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts