Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! New to the site, hope some of you can offer some help.

I came across a curb find this week. Its a 8/26 track drive Craftsman. Not sure of age exactly, but guessing 90's?? Its gray, black engine, not sure if the color scheme would nail down the year but its a shot. Too dark outside to go snooping around on it for the model number for now... But that's not necessarily the most important bit of info yet...

What i am asking is, the guy was getting rid of it because the shaft that drives the blower and auger gearcase seems to have a lot of play or movement in it. I am thinking bearing?? I haven't flipped it over or torn it apart any yet, but i assume there is a bearing, not just a stupid bushing, behind the blower impeller on the back side of the blower housing which the shaft passes through right? How hard is it to take it all apart?

The only other problem seems to be the left track, it keeps coming off while driving. Is there a tensioner adjustment or something that i am missing to keep the track from popping off? Its like the track slowly wanders to the outside edge of the wheels and comes off.

I will try and post some pictures after i get it dragged inside.

Thanks!

·
Banned
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Cool, while doing some google searching this came up..

Sears Craftsman Snow Blower Track Drive Two Stage 26" clearing width | eBay

This looks EXACTLY like mine. So it must be the same model number. Sadly the seller didn't list the model number in his auction and its ended. But thats the beast i have. Let me tell you, wasn't fun loading it. When i went to load it up the track came off, and then i had to muscle it on the trailer.

·
Banned
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For some reason i can't go back and edit my last post, so i will add this one...

Admin/Mod: I didn't realize there was a Craftsman specific category, could you move this to that category and just delete this last post asking to do so?

Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts