Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Well I am pulling the trigger and ordered a new Honda 724 with wheels for the upcoming winter. I am tired of constantly working on the old Ariens.

I saw this thing called DRAINZIT for changing oil which looks really neat and will make changing oil easier and cleaner (I think anyway).

Anyone have any experience with this product?

Here is to spring :)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Never heard about it or tried it. My snow blower is very easy to change the oil. I just run it for a few minutes to warm up the oil, and make sure there are papers and rags on the floor in case I spill some by accident. Very easy to tip it a little to make sure as much as possible is drained out. Oil change takes ten minutes or so to do. I don't need any more gadgets unless they save me lots of time.
Same with my mowers, except the mowers only take about five minutes and have to be tipped a lot more to get out all of the oil. The HONDA mowers have to be tipped. Not sure about their snow throwers. Let us know next year how it works!!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Now that I see the location of the drain plug I think I would get the Drainzit. Looks like it might be easy to spill without it, and the drainzit fits pretty nicely on it in the picture that CMB attached.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All, thanks for your input; and CMB thank you for taking the time to post a picture of you mounted it. Do you have a separate zip tie or is that the tie that comes with Drainzit?

That looks so much easier than the way I used to do it with the threaded nut and cap. Inevitably I had a mess and used half a roll of paper towel and kitty liter on my garage floor to clean it up.

·
Registered
29 Posts
All, thanks for your input; and CMB thank you for taking the time to post a picture of you mounted it. Do you have a separate zip tie or is that the tie that comes with Drainzit?

That looks so much easier than the way I used to do it with the threaded nut and cap. Inevitably I had a mess and used half a roll of paper towel and kitty liter on my garage floor to clean it up.
The Drainzit comes with a flat "hanger" of sorts. I scrounged up an extra fog-light hanger I had laying around and mounted it up out of the way where you see it in the pics.Used one of the exsisting bolts on the handle.The Draizit looks like a well-made item,I'm happy with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts