Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new to the forum and looking for some help. I just purchased a new HSS1332ATD and it seems like the auger housing was installed crooked. One side is about 1/2" higher than the other when I put it down on level ground. Is this an easy thing to correct or will it need to be returned to the dealer?

·
Premium Member
4,895 Posts
Hi, new to the forum and looking for some help. I just purchased a new HSS1332ATD and it seems like the auger housing was installed crooked. One side is about 1/2" higher than the other when I put it down on level ground. Is this an easy thing to correct or will it need to be returned to the dealer?
check the skid shoes and scraper bar adjustments. check owners manual for instructions.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
check the skid shoes and scraper bar adjustments. check owners manual for instructions.
Thanks for the response. It's definitely not the scraper or skid shoes (although I did adjust those items). The actual auger housing wasn't installed level.

·
Premium Member
4,895 Posts
Thanks for the response. It's definitely not the scraper or skid shoes (although I did adjust those items). The actual auger housing wasn't installed level.
wonder how that is possible. it is bolted on by 10bolts.

unless it fell.

if still under warranty would bring back to dealer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:iagree: Take it back; several people have had crooked auger housings. There must be a problem with the welding jig at Swepsonville, or it was dropped as @orangputeh said.
That's what I was afraid of. I actually bought it from an online dealer, so I hope it's not too complicated to get them to take it back.

·
Premium Member
4,895 Posts
Sure. I'll take the pictures after work today.
I have seen this problem several time before but in each case it was because the scraper and or the skid shoes were improperly adjusted. I was not aware this could be a factory defect until @tabora mentioned it. other reasons were accidents, machines falling off people's personal vehicles and even seeing on delivered in a box that fell down inside the truckers trailer when it was double stacked.

just want to see how bad it is.

good luck in getting this resolved.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Maybe an obvious thing to say but something that's also easy to forget - make 100% sure that the surface you have your blower on is true and flat. I have been driven crazy thinking I had bucket / scraper that was not true until I checked the floor with a yard level............

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll check all of those things and hopefully it's something simple!

·
Registered
97 Posts
I think it is tracked. I would release all the bolt tensions with it sitting on a true/flat surface. Measure from there...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts