Snowblower Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time writer, long time reader...lol. just picked up my Kraken from the local dealer today. I've gone down a bunch of rabbit holes in regards to recommendations for fuel (canned, additives, etc), which oil to use, waxing/spraying the inside of the shute and impeller and many other preventative measures to take to ensure the Kraken lives up to its name for many years. This is my first piece of Ariens equipment and my previous snowblower was a 2003 32" John Deere that is still going strong. Excited and stoked to see what it is capable of, but want to start things off right! Appreciate the tips, advice, and opinions in advance

·
Premium Member
2,817 Posts
Welcome to the forum Chaz.
How about posting some pics of your new orange beast and your faithful green machine?
We love pics.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Congrats on the new machine. You should be very happy with it. 👍
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

Reactions: Town

·
Registered
2022 Ariens Kraken
94 Posts
Congrats on the new machine. Dont stress much about fuel, oil, coatings and all that. Just run a good synthetic oil after you change the oil after the recommended hours, burn ethenol free gas if you can but if not just put stabil in it before storage. As for coating the bucket and chute, I only do that with some WD40 or Fluid Film after I wash it and put it away for the spring/ summer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Congrats on the new machine. Dont stress much about fuel, oil, coatings and all that. Just run a good synthetic oil after you change the oil after the recommended hours, burn ethenol free gas if you can but if not just put stabil in it before storage. As for coating the bucket and chute, I only do that with some WD40 or Fluid Film after I wash it and put it away for the spring/ summer.
Thanks for the advice! Would you coat the chute right away?

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
I agree. Stabil or SeaFoam for storage and DON'T USE E15 FUEL. I've been running full synthetic in all my engines since Mobil One first came out and have no internal wear.
Don't worry about coating the housing and chute. I've never had a 2015 or newer Ariens plug because the snow stuck inside the machine. If you clear snow on gravel touch up any rock chips inside the chute with Rustoleum in the spring (there won't be many)

I can't wait to hear how much you like this beast! Let it snow!

·
Registered
115 Posts
You will like the machine. Duluth Lawn and Sport is a good shop to buy it from, they will give you good service to boot if you need it.
I started my daughter on using the machine at that age as well. Start them early I say.
Robert

1 - 17 of 17 Posts