Snowblower Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello friends,

I'm in New England (Rhode Island, East Bay area) and was just given an Ariens Trac Team system with a replaced engine (9HP Tecumseh). First snowblower. Just got it running last night after it sitting for some months. (Cleaned out the carb -- first time -- and then used GumOut as to prime it. Sweet!)

Interested in how to grease, fix, maintain this monster. Snow has not been a big issue here for the last year or so (stupid mild winters) but does anyone know their way around these Trac Team attachments? Particularly interested in running the chipper, which the previous owner said he never tried (probably had it for 20 years, mainly used the leaf vac).

· Premium Member
924 Posts
Very cool!

Do you have model/serial numbers for the components? I don't know about the attachments, but Ariens' website is pretty good about having manuals for older stuff, at least the snowblowers.

· Premium Member
3,032 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
As mentioned above post the model and serial #'s of the tractor and attachments as well as some photos, and we can supply some manuals for at least the tractor and blower.
This site has some great info on vintage Ariens equipment and manuals:

· Registered
1,030 Posts
Hello friends,

I'm in New England (Rhode Island, East Bay area) and was just given an Ariens Trac Team system with a replaced engine (9HP Tecumseh). First snowblower. Just got it running last night after it sitting for some months. (Cleaned out the carb -- first time -- and then used GumOut as to prime it. Sweet!)

Interested in how to grease, fix, maintain this monster. Snow has not been a big issue here for the last year or so (stupid mild winters) but does anyone know their way around these Trac Team attachments? Particularly interested in running the chipper, which the previous owner said he never tried (probably had it for 20 years, mainly used the leaf vac).
Given? Aaaaugh!
I've been keeping a eye out for the trac team.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts