Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there, new member here. I'm trying to do some research and figured this was the best place to ask. I recently purchased an Ariend deluxe 27 with a 250cc Briggs that has failed. I have the opportunity to purchase a Husqvarna 1330 for next to nothing and was wondering if anyone has ever swapped something that large to something with a much smaller engine. The 1330 is hydrostatic and the transmission has failed. Would hate to see that big 13 horse go to waste.

Any tips or advice is appreciated!

·
Registered
827 Posts
have you looked through these posts: Re-Powering Engine changes like the one you are asking about require planning for pulley size and location, etc.

tx

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
being a newer model the frame may and I mean “MAY” have holes already in the frame for different engines as a lot of parts are used for different models and I believe the mounting holes are the same from 136cc to the 254cc that they have now (LCT engines) then the 290cc and up use a different set of mounting holes and the frame is used on many of these with smaller and larger engine options. You have the Briggs with I think is the same as the smaller LCT engines for mounting holes but not sure on the larger, I’m in the process of putting one of the 414cc engines on a old 924 series and my holes def do not match so I’m going to have to be creative.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts