Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Y'all.... just found this place today while trying to get some repair info for my late 60's early 70's Ariens snow thrower. It has a model 10995 snow throw attachment and the best info I can find puts it between 69 and 73. Anyway I see there are others here from WNY as well. I guess this would be a great forum to belong to considering all the snow we get around here. If anyone has any suggestions to fix my issue I would be greatly appreciative. Sometimes when using the machine the clutch lever gets impossible to squeeze and I have to jiggle the shift lever around and it seems to pop free. I took off the back panel to check out the drive gears and what I found is the whole disc assembly moves up and down to put it into neutral but in certain positions of the shifter lever part of the disc assembly hangs up on the steel bar across the back of the unit. It only catches it a small amount but it is enough to stop it from going into neutral. This pic is not of my machine but mine is the same internally. The 1 1/4" bar across the back is the one I mean and the part of the disc assembly on the right side is the part the gets hung on the steel bar. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance guys. Thanks also to Tom H for my theft of his pic.

740734990_ganKm-O.jpg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts