Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello snowblower community. I just inherited a 1975 Bobcat Snow Thrower from an uncle who purchased it new in '75 and was going to give it away as it had sat for years and he could not get it running. It came with the original manuals and was garage kept all its life, so it's pretty cool. After doing some research on the internet (and finding this site), I was able to find lots of info on it and it turns out these are quite the collectible workhorses! I ordered a few parts like a carb rebuild kit (best find was the auger belt on Ebay from the guy who bought Steve's inventory) and it is running like a champ! I plan to do a complete rebuild and restoration on it after the winter. If anyone has any experience working on these and has advice for restoring, I would love to hear from you, and I will share my own experience as I get into the project.

·
Registered
42 Posts
The only advise that I can give is perform ALL of the maintenance as mentioned in the OEM manual.
If you are content with the original engine just convert it to updated pointless ignition. For me, I was never happy with the original Briggs with the floatless carb that my BobCat came with. I swapped up to a new Briggs ohv engine and the machine works better than it ever has.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Congrats on the new Machine!! Good luck and POST some pictures!! :white^_^arial^_^0^_:icon-wwp::icon-wwp:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts