Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all i'm a new owner of a Cub Cadet 3X 28" HD 420cc snow-thrower.
actually it's the very first time I've had a snow-thrower.
My question is do i start with the choke at about halfway then when started do i turn it to run. and when engine sounds good or warmed up do i completely turn off the choke.
for me the manual seems a little confusing as to what to do with choke when engine started or it could just be me misunderstanding any help would be appreciated.
Have attached a picture of the choke switch partly in French as i'm in Montreal well an hour north of Montreal.

Attachments

·
Retired Moderator
4,160 Posts
I would go with full choke to start and then half choke to no choke while it warms up depending on how it runs. You are going to have to play with it yourself and see what works best.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
choke

Thanks Jim by the way when new and you started first few times did your engine smoke mine seems to smoke a little, very light smoke, i'm putting it down to being new and I've only started her up 2 times so far.

·
Retired Moderator
4,160 Posts
I would say any new engine is going to smoke some. It is just the machining and shipping oils burning off. My Predator did that as well.

·
Premium Member
5,203 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Cub. Enjoy your new machine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've heard some concerns about how the 3X blowers handle smaller amounts of snow, 4"-6". Has anyone used one on this amount of snow fall?
Thanks!

·
Retired Moderator
4,160 Posts
I've heard some concerns about how the 3X blowers handle smaller amounts of snow, 4"-6". Has anyone used one on this amount of snow fall?
Thanks!
I have no experience with the 3x machines, but any big 2 stage blower is not going to work well with very little snow.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks Shryp. We do get more 4-6" snows than we do anything over 10", but we do get them. I have about 2,000 sq feet of driveway, and thought that was too much for a single stage blower. Any suggestions or thoughts?

Thanks

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thanks Jim by the way when new and you started first few times did your engine smoke mine seems to smoke a little, very light smoke, i'm putting it down to being new and I've only started her up 2 times so far.
I agree it was probably some oil residue in the cylinders burning off....still waiting for the 1st blowable snow! LOL

·
Registered
56 Posts
another thought is to not over prime with fuel as well. Just a few pumps usually needed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts